Often times you might have thoughts that you would rather avoid.
Thoughts such as having no money, worrying about getting sick, little niggles, or recurring concerns that just don’t seem to go away.
What’s crazy is that the more you try to free your mind from these thoughts, the more persistent they seem to become.
But what if you I told you that you could instantly focus your mind on something else by asking yourself some simple questions?
These questions have no right or wrong answers.
Because sometimes asking the right questions is the answer.
- If you could offer your younger self only one piece of advice, what would it be?
- What matters to you most?
- What is your life’s purpose?
- If you could be any age, how old would you be?
- Which three words describe you best?
- Which is worse, failure or not trying?
- What’s the one thing you would like to do more of and why?
- How can you do more of the things that you’d like to be doing?
- Who is the most important person in your life and why?
- Are you doing the things you believe in, or just simply settling for what you are doing?
- If you knew that you only had one year left to live, what would you do?
- What would you do differently if the average human lifespan was 35 years?
- Are you in control of your life? if not, why?
- If happiness could pay your bills and make you rich, what kind of “work” would you be doing?
- Why do you do so many things that you don’t like and want so many of the things that you don’t have?
- It’s a rainy day, you need a ride home, a car stops in front of you, who’s driving the car?
- What worries you more: Doing things right or doing the right things?
- You’re hanging out with a few well-respected friends. They all start criticizing another friend of yours not knowing that you are friends with this person. Their criticism happens to be unjust and disrespectful. What would you do?
- What keeps you awake at night?
- Would you break the law to save a close friend? if so, how far would you go?
- How come the things that make you happy don’t have the same effect on others?
- If you could be any animal, what would it be and why?
- Would you rather die or live forever?
- Are you having trouble letting go of something that causes you stress?
- If you could live anywhere in the world except for the place where you live right now, where would you move to and why?
- Is there something that you haven’t done that you really want to do? what’s holding you back?
- Have you ever pushed the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes work faster?
- What would be your ideal speed limit?
- If you could make one change in the world, what would it be?
- What are you most grateful for?
- Do you prefer learning something or just knowing it?
- What would you say to the person you love most if you knew they were going to die tomorrow?
- If you could be any size you wanted, how tall would you be and how much would you weight?
- What is your definition of healthy eating and why?
- If you could meet anyone in the world, who would you meet with and why?
- If not now, then when?
- At what time in the last few years did you feel most passionate and alive?
- How much money do you need to live comfortably for the rest of your life?
- If you haven’t done it yet, what do you have to lose?
- If religion is about harmony and peace, how come they cause so many wars?
- Would you quit your job if you won three million dollars?
- Do you feel like you’ve lived this day many times before?
- Why are you reading this article?
- What was the best year of your life and why?
- When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in?
- If everyone around you was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit right now?
- Would you be willing to sacrifice ten years of your life to be attractive, rich, and famous?
- If you constantly learn from your mistakes, why are you so afraid of making them?
- Will you remember what you did today five years from now?
- When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing?
- How can you create positive change in your life today?
- Is there such a thing as good debt?
- Why are you the way you are?
- What do you prefer: losing all of your memories or not being able to make new ones?
- Would you sell one of your kidneys If there were no risks involved?
- Would you rather read or listen to a book?
- If a movie was made about your life, what would be the title?
- If you could switch places with anyone in the world, who would you choose?
- Do you normally wait for others to solve your problems? if so, why?
- Would you abandon your kids if you knew both of you would have better lives for it?
- How would you like to die?
- Do you like the way you smell?
- On a scale of 1-10, how much do you trust yourself?
- What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
- What do you love? Are your actions expressing this love?
- How do you feel about your relationship with your body?
- What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
- When was the last time you cried and why?
- You make decisions every day. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?
Confronting our fears or deepest worries is a hard task to carry out, but the rewards make it well worth it.— Unknown
Please share your thoughts with me in the comments section below.
And check out these books for more thought-provoking questions: